In 1914 the Department of Ceramics invited key men in the industry to attend a Clayworkers Institute on 25 June, the outcome of which was the founding of the New Jersey Clayworkers Association. Prof. Parmelee was elected the secretary/treasury. In June of 1932 the name was changed to the Ceramic Association of New Jersey to embrace the much wider field of ceramics than the name clayworkers indicated. The Association played an important role in helping to solve many of the Department’s problems. A fine example was the campaign launched in 1919 for a new much needed building. By 1919 it was realized that the building and facilities of the Department of Ceramics were entirely inadequate to handle the increased student body and the research programs underway. Thomas Brown, then Senator of Middlesex County, sponsored the project for a new ceramics building. Representatives of practically every ceramic concern in the state lent their aid to the measure. Bill No. 17 appropriating $100,000 for the erection of a building and equipment was made a law on 23 March 1920; and on Commencement Day, 13 June 1922, the completed building was dedicated. The same law appropriated at least $12,000 annually for operational expenses. An additional $30,000 in money, materials, and services was donated by some 80 State manufacturers to complete the project. The stable of 1902 was a direct contrast to the modern 29 room structure. The 45 by 102 ft. building was constructed entirely of ceramic products representing every line of ceramic manufacture in the state of New Jersey. Located on George Street of the College Avenue Campus (formerly the Neilson Campus), this building is still in use by the University and is now home to the School of Social Work.