Ph.D., Materials Science and Engineering, Rutgers University, 2002
M.S., Materials Science and Engineering, Rutgers University, 1998
B.S., Physics Engineering, Washington and Lee University, 1995
- American Chemical Society
- Materials Research Society
- National Graphene Association
- Society of Plastics Engineers
Dr. Lynch’s research activities center on novel processing and development of advanced polymer matrix composites and nanocomposites (PMCs). Her research interests include, graphene-reinforced PMCs; advanced materials development for structural and functional applications; structure-processing-property-performance relations in PMCs; and computational materials science, regarding long-term properties of PMCs.
Dr. Lynch’s research spans from fundamental to commercialization and development. She has attained 17 US patents, 25 US pending patent applications, and 18 PCT applications within these research areas.
- J.K. Lynch-Branzoi*, T.J. Nosker, B.K. Kear, A. Tewatia, M. Taghon, and J. Wooding, “Lightweight, High Performance Polymer Composites for Modern Engineering Applications”, TechConnect Briefs, 1, 192-195, ISBN: 978-0-9975117-8-9, 2018.
- Hendrix, Justin; Nosker, Thomas; Lynch, Jennifer; Szeto, Ryan, and J. Emge, Thomas, “Evaluation of Exfoliated Graphite to Graphene in Polyamide 66 Using Novel High Shear Elongational Flow”, Polymers, 10, 1399. 10.3390/polym10121399, 2018.
- Jennifer Lynch-Branzoi*, “Modulus enhancement of polymer nanocomposites reinforced with graphene nanoflakes”, J. Nanomed. Nanotechnol., DOI: 10.4172/2157-7439-C1-061, 2017.
- Tewatia, A.; Hendrix, J.; Nosker, T.; Lynch-Branzoi, J..* “Multi-Scale Carbon (Micro/Nano) Fiber Reinforcement of Polyetheretherketone Using High Shear Melt-Processing”. Fibers, 5 (32), doi: 10.3390/fib5030032, 2017.
- Arya Tewatia, Justin Hendrix, Zhizhong Dong, Meredith Taghon, Stephen Tse, Gordon Chiu, William E. Mayo, Bernard Kear, Thomas Nosker, Jennifer Lynch*, “Characterization of melt-blended graphene – poly(ether ether ketone) nanocomposite”, Materials Science and Engineering: B, 216, 41-49, doi:10.1016/j.mseb.2016.05.009, 2017.
- Jennifer K. Lynch*, “High shear melt-processing of fiberglass-reinforced poly(trimethylene) terephthalate composites”, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 132, 42714. doi: 10.1002/app.42714, 2015. (2 citations)
- Nosker, T.J., Lynch, J.K., Mazar, M.N., and Nosker, P.L., “Compositions and methods for the protection of substrates from heat flux and fire”, US Patent 10,329,43, June 25, 2019.
- Nosker, T.J., Lynch, J.K., Kear, B.H., Hendrix, J., Chiu, G., “Graphene-reinforced polymer matrix composites”, US Patent 10,329,391, June 25, 2019.
- Nosker, T.J., Lynch, J.K., Kear, B.H., Hendrix, J., Chiu, G., “In situ exfoliation method to fabricate a graphene-reinforced polymer matrix composite”, US Patent 10,253,154, April 9, 2019.
- Nosker, T.J., Lynch, J.K., Hendrix, J., Kear, B.H., Chiu, G., Tse, S., “In Situ Exfoliation Method to Fabricate a Graphene-Reinforced Polymer Matrix Composite”, US Patent 9,896,565, February 20, 2018.
- Nosker, T.J., Lynch, J.K., and Luker, K., “Just-In-Time Compounding in an Injection Molding Machine”, US Patent 9,533,432 B2, January 3, 2017.
- Nosker, T.J. and Lynch, J.K., “Composite articles compression molded from recycled plastic”, US Patent 9,422,423, August 23, 2016.
- Lynch, J., Nosker, T., Lehman, R., Idol, J.D., Van Ness, K., Renfree, R.W., “Use of recycled plastics for structural building forms”, US Patent 9,340,666, May 17, 2016.
- Nosker, T.J. and Lynch, J.K., “Polymer based railroad tie shaped to reduce center bounding”, US Patent 9,121,138, September 1, 2015.
- Nosker, T.J., Lynch, J.K., Mazar, M.N., and Nosker, P.L., “Compositions and methods for the protection of substrates from heat flux and fire”, US Patent 8,993,463, March 31, 2015.
- Nosker, T.J., Lynch, J.K., Lehman, R.L., Renfree, R.W., and Idol, J.D. “Methods of Increasing Toughness of Immiscible Polymer Blends”, US Patent 8,497,324, July 30, 2013.
- Lynch, J.K., Nosker, T.J., Lehman, R.L., Idol, J.D., Van Ness, K.E., and Renfree, R.W., “Use of Recycled Plastics for Structural Building Forms”, US Patent 8,455,588, June 4, 2013.
- Nosker, T.J., Lehman, R.L., Lynch, J.K., and Hamill, R., “Method of Recycling Paints as a Component of an Immiscible Polymer Blend”, US Patent 8,436,099, May 7, 2013.
- Nosker, T.J., Lehman, R.L., Lynch, J.K., and Hamill, R., “Method of Recycling Paints as a Component of an Immiscible Polymer Blend”, US Patent 8,071,685, December 6, 2011.
- Nosker, T.J., Lynch, J.K., Mazar, M.N., and Nosker, P.L., “Flame-Retardant Coating”, US Patent 8,048,486, November 1, 2011.
- Lynch, J.K., Nosker; T.J., Lehman; R., Idol, J.D., Van Ness, K.W., Renfree, R.W., “Use Of Recycled Plastics For Structural Building Forms”, US Patent 8,008,402, August 30, 2011.
- Nosker, T.J., Lynch, J.K., Mazar, M.N., and Nosker, P.L., “Compositions and Methods for the Protection of Substrates from Heat Flux and Fire”, US Patent 7,955,996, June 7, 2011. (2 citations)
- Nosker, T.J., Lynch, J.K., Mazar, M.N., and Nosker, P.L., “Flame-Retardant Coating”, US Patent 7,851,536, December 14, 2010.
- Thomas Nosker and Jennifer K. Lynch, “Sustainability and Recycling of Polyethylene” in Handbook of Industrial PE Technology (HIPET), ed. Ananda Chatterjee, ISBN: 978-1-119-15976-6, Wiley-Scrivener, July (2016).
- Thomas Nosker, Jennifer K. Lynch, Richard Lampo, “The Utilization of Recycled Thermoplastic Composites for Civil and Military Load Bearing Applications”, in Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composites for Infrastructure Applications, Springer, (2011).
- Jennifer Lynch, “High Performance, Lightweight Graphene Enhanced Polymer Matrix Composites for Defense Applications”, NATO Research Specialist Meeting AVT-304, Trondheim, Norway, October 10-11, 2019.
- Arab Hussein, Zhizhong Dong, Jennifer Lynch, Bernard Kear, Assimina Pelegri, Stephen Tse, “Graphene-Reinforced Polymer Matrix Nanocomposites by In Situ Mechanical Shear Exfoliation of Graphite with Varying Viscosity”, International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, IMECE2017, Tampa, FL, 2017.
- Jennifer K. Lynch*, Thomas J. Nosker, and Arya Tewatia, “Composition Dependence on the Mechanical Behavior of Hydrophobic Lignocellulose-Reinforced Poly (Trimethylene) Terephthalate Composites”, SPE-ANTEC Technical Papers, Las Vegas, NV, 2014.
- Jennifer K. Lynch* and Thomas J. Nosker, “The Development of Recycled Thermoplastic Composite Bridges”, SPE-ANTEC Technical Papers, Boston, MA, 2011.
- Jennifer K. Lynch*, Thomas Nosker, Kendall Mills, and Keith Luker, “Development of Novel One-Step Hybrid Processing”, SPE-ANTEC Technical Papers, Orlando, FL, 2010.
- Jennifer K. Lynch*, Thomas Nosker, William Crilley, “Application of Electron Beam Irradiation to Reduce Time-Dependent Creep Properties of High-Density Polyethylene”, SPE-ANTEC Technical Papers, Chicago, IL, 2009.