Distinguished Professor & Vice President of Physical Sciences Partnerships
Materials Science and Engineering
The chemical formation and structure of thin film materials and their applications to problems of semiconductor science and engineering and applications associated with energy. Included in the latter are the fundamentals of photon inter\actions with solids, and radiation effects in semiconductor materials.
- Senior Member IEEE (2012)
- Elizabeth Laird Memorial Lecture, University of Western Ontario (2011)
- 2009 Miegunyah Distinguished Fellow, Melbourne, Australia
- 2008 Distinction in the Physical Sciences Alumni Award, Rutgers Graduate School
- 2004 Fellow of American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- 4H-SiC Oxide Characterization with SIMS Using A13, C Tracer, J. Fronheiser, K. Matocha, V. Tilak and L.C. Feldman, Mat. Sci. Forum 615, 513 (2009).
- Impact of Nitridation on Negative and Positive Charge Buildup in SiC Gate Oxides, J. Rozen, S. Dhar, S. Wang, V. V. Afanas’ev, S. T. Pantelides, J.R. Williams and L.C. Feldman, ISCRM Proceedings, Mat. Sci. Forum 600, 803 (2009).
- Proton Tunneling: a Decay Channel for Relaxation of the O-H Stretch Mode in KTAO3, E.J. Spahr, L. Wen, M. Stavola, L.A. Boatner, L.C. Feldman, N.H. Tolk and G. Lüpke, Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 075506 (2009).
- Semiconductor Point Defect Concentration Profiles Measured Using Coherent Acoustic Phonon Waves, A. Steigerwald, Y. Xu, J. Qi, J. Gregory, X. Liu, J.K. Furdyna, K. Varga, A.B. Hmelo, G. Lüpke, L.C. Feldman and N.H. Tolk, Appl. Phys. Lett. 94, 111910 (2009).
- Confocal Raman Microscopy across the Semiconductor-Metal Transition of Single Vanadium Dioxide Nanoparticles, E.U. Donev, R. Lopez, L.C. Feldman and R.F. Haglund Jr., Nanoletters 9, 702 (2009).
- Thermal Bubble Nucleation in Nanochannels: Simulations and Strategies for Nanobubble Nucleation and Sensing, M. Sridhar, D. Xu, A.B. Hmelo, D. Li and L.C. Feldman, Microelectromechanical Systems: Materials and Devices II, eds. S.M. Spearing, S. Vengallatore, N. Sheppard, J. Bagdahn, Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. 1139, GG03-22 (2009).
- Density of Interface States, Electron Traps, and Hole Traps, as a Function of the Nitrogen Density in SiO2 on SiC, J. of Appl. Phys. 105, 124506 (2009).
- Growth of Graphene-Like Structures on an Oxidized SiC Surface, W. Lu, W.C. Mitchel, J.J. Boeckl, T. Crenshaw, W.E. Collins, R.P.H. Change and L.C. Feldman, J. of Elec. Materials 38 (6), 731 (2009).
- Doping of Conjugated Polythiophenes with Alkyl Silanes, C.Y. Kao, B. Lee, L.S. Wielunski, M. Heeney, I. McCulloch, E. Garfunkel, L.C. Feldman and V. Podzorov, J. of Functional Materials, 19, 1906 (2009).
- Chemical Properties of Oxidized Silicon Carbide Surfaces upon Etching in Hydrofluoric Acid, S. Dhar, Oliver Seitz, M.D. Hall, S. Choi, Y.J. Chabal, L.C. Feldman, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 131 (46), pp 16808–16813 (2009)