PCC Structurals, Inc.
Position: Process Engineer - Ceramic
Under general direction, the Process Engineer applies engineering principles to drive process control and continuous improvement in the invest process.
- Provide engineering leadership in efforts to maintain process control and improve quality
- Analyze manufacturing processes to identify and execute improvements utilizing lean manufacturing and six sigma methodologies
- Monitor and control equipment to improve production
- Supports production to ensure attainment of business goals, including addressing quality issues, working directly with manufacturing personnel to ensure a smooth running operation
- Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods
- Manages specification, selection and execution of major capital and tooling acquisitions in order to drive technology improvements that positively impact Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity and Inventory.
- Ensures all work is in compliance with environmental, health and safety standards, industry specifications, customer requirements, company standards and related specifications
- Exposure to Lean and Six Sigma Tools, at minimum a willingness to learn and apply the tools.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effective communication skills communication: Listening, Verbal and Written.
- Self motivated, committed, with a bias for action that delivers results
- Understanding of material engineering
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- BS in Materials or Ceramic Engineering
- 3-5 years related experience preferred
- Strong statistical process control knowledge
- A broad and thorough knowledge of investment casting technology processes and manufacturing methods
To apply, go to: https://precast.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/hua/Authentication/login
Job Title: Ceramics / Quartz NPI Commodity Manager IV - (B4)-1707272
Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise within the Ceramics & Quartz commodities. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects.
- Develops, aligns and implements NPI Ceramics / Quartz commodity strategies.
- Negotiates and manages the maintenance of agreements with suppliers that provide the structure for all business relationships between Applied Materials and the supply base.
- Engages with the PLC process to ensure alignment with the commodity strategies.
- Directs new supplier introduction and/or disengagement requirements to/from the Applied Materials supply base.
- Drives resolution to systemic supply chain issues affecting quality, cost, delivery or lead-time, which may include engagement with sub-tiers in the supply chain.
- Develops and presents high level cost reduction opportunities.
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- Associate's Degree
- 4 - 7 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.